Another Saber Knot Needs ID

noworky

I would suggest it is an officer's (i.e. private purchase) field saber knot. These came in numerous styles -- consult the miliary outfitter catalogs of the time.

G

I agree that this is another generic private purchase knot. These can be seen in the South American swords catalogs from Eickhorn between the wars as well as in US military supply catalogs. This one seems to be a quality manufactured knot with good leather. It could have been worn on the US 1902 Officer sword (or a variety of other swords).

Spathologist

I'll go out on a limb and voice my doubt that it's US. Those I've seen on M1902s and in period catalogues all lack the "elongated" end below the tassel carving that this example shows. Also, none have had the stitching on the straps. Those that had anything other than plain straps just had border line pressing.

The tassel on this knot resembles one in a pic I have of an Argentine saber. I'll try to post the pic tonight.

very, very nice and I'm confused! Should just stick with the knots I know and they happen to be the pricey ones.