Named Constabulary Helmet Liner

USMC-RECON0321

USMC-RECON0321

Hello,

Just picked this one up and thought I would share it. I find it Interesting the Constabulary insignia on the front is actually a decal and not hand painted? Possibly a theater made decal maybe?

The liner is named "John D. Henderson" with an ASN "0-2208633" inside, but I haven't started the research yet. This came from an estate about an hour north of me near Highland, Michigan.

Thanks Troy

post-33000-0-62151100-1420331570.jpg post-33000-0-06971600-1420331626.jpg post-33000-0-20210400-1420331678.jpg

USMC-RECON0321

Troy, Very Nice!

You might contact Dave Kaufman on the this forum, as well as view www.usconstabulary.com

regards,

pat

Pat,

Yes I was hoping Dave would notice this thread and I have been on the Constabulary web site. Lots of great information still to read through.

Thanks

Troy

Very nice liner Troy, these really add some color to the shelf! Hopefully somebody knows something about the Constabulary's use of decals.

That is a beautiful officer's Constabulary liner! Amazing how many slight variations of painting there were on helmets for these units. This liner is in superb shape. I hope the research turns up some information on the veteran. Thank you for sharing this!!

USMC-RECON0321

Thanks for the comments guys! Hopefully I'll get some time soon to start some research and will update as it becomes available.

Troy

• 2 years later...

We'll....I just got around to seeing this one.

C. 1950, it was popular in the U.S. Army to wear decals on liners. The decals were usually the unit DI. I have some for the 24th Sq, and have seen them for the 2nd ACR (US Constabulary). The decals were what we are familiar with, whether military decal or modeling decal.

I have not seen one for the Constab insignia on the front of a liner. Am not sure that is a decal on the front of this one.

That is a beautiful helmet liner. That style decal and striping is specific to only the 16th Constabulary Squadron in Berlin. So that should help you narrow it down if you choose to research the owner. I will try to post a photo of the difference in the liners. If you have any questions or want a decent photo of the difference in the liners feel free to PM me. Again, a beautiful piece.

post-20824-0-35436600-1488030388.jpg

post-20824-0-81087100-1488030404_thumb.jpg

2 examples of the standard helmet liners worn by all other Constabulary units. Note the circle normally extends above and sometimes below the stripes.