Royal Robbins Vest - Christmas Gift from the Wife

Nkomo

Christmas was a little sparse this year in our household. However, my wife did surprise me with this gift.

It is an early Royal Robbins tactical vest that was used for PSD work by DEVGRU, Celta, CIA SAD, and other SF types.

Inside one of the pockets of the vest was this hand drawn map. I'd love to know which FOB this was. Definitely been used in Iraq or Afghanistan.

004.JPG

003.JPG

Arch... let me get this straight. Your wife not only can recognize this stuff, but knows where to buy it?

Remarkable.

Although mine did buy me a wooden floor brick from the B-26/B-29 Bomber Plant in Omaha once.

Arch... let me get this straight. Your wife not only can recognize this stuff, but knows where to buy it?

Remarkable.

Although mine did buy me a wooden floor brick from the B-26/B-29 Bomber Plant in Omaha once.

I taught my wife how to use Ebay some time ago. She will randomly go in and buy me items I have on my watch list. The downside of that is that she also knows how to access my purchase history and see how much I have paid for items. Kind of a double edged sword.

With all that being said, my wife is very interested in my hobby and accompanies me whenever I go out surplus hunting. She even knows more about what I collect than most collectors. Did I get lucky or what?