Original Special Forces Portraits

Eric Queen

Great pictures. Thanks for posting them.

Ellis rings a bell... I am pretty sure a SF jacket patched with the same name tape has been sold on eBay or posted here in a Forum section.

Thanks to all for the comments. Please feel free to add more SF portraits to this thread. Would love to see more.

Thanks

EQ

Very nice. They remind me of the portraits they used to post in a company or battalion Headquarters of the staff and unit leaders.

The MI branch insignia dates, at least one pic, to no earlier than 1967.

I've seen similar pics used to make unit posters in 1/10th group. The poster size photo boards were from the mid 1960s as well and consisted of pics from soldiers in all the sections. I wonder how many of these guys make up support, admin, and maint sections of the unit? Tom

I wonder how many of these guys make up support, admin, and maint sections of the unit? Tom

Fehlner was a medic. As noted in the link above, Soldato, before being kille in action, "served as the Commanding Officer of Detachment B-52 (PROJECT DELTA), 5th Special Forces Group, Special Forces, Vietnam."

Thank you Bob for the additional information on Fehlner. Much appreciated.

Also interesting to note, and according to Stephen Sherman's "Who's who from the 1st SFG in Viet Nam", Fehlner was on TDY with A-323 and part of operation "Cinnamon Soldiers". This team organized four fifteen man mountain commando teams as well as two or three villages with a self defense force from the local Cua tribe. The team operated from 8/31/62 to 3/4/63. He was later a medic with A-314 from 1/6/64 to 7/9/64.

• 2 weeks later...