Gun Show DCUs and some questions

PriorityOne

Picked these awesome (for me anyways, some of the best DCUs I have at the moment) and have a few questions.

1 star generals DCU 18th Airborne - was across a table saw those and ran to the other side and was amazed

My question is could I get a ID on this guy and what would it be worth (I have two, exactly the same)

post-153263-0-81626600-1419044196.jpg

TRADOC DBDU

Any idea of when this was used, post Desert Storm or Somalia?

Not TRADOC. It's FORSCOM (Forces Command) and it's almost certainly from Desert Shield/Storm.

Yea, TRADOC goes the other way, my bad, I edited it. Those tapes on the DBDU were used after storm though weren't they, or at least during the end?

Thanks for the info on the other jacket!

Those are some good DCU jackets, and it's great that you've been given the positive ID on the Brigadier General's jacket. Finding a picture of that exact same jacket being worn by that general officer is a huge plus.

In regards to value, don't worry so much about "what it's worth". Try searching Ebay completed auction listings, or look at what established militaria dealers are asking for general officer uniforms, if you really want to figure out a basic idea of the "what it's worth" value. You will learn far more by doing some thorough research yourself, than you will by having a number thrown at you by someone you've never met posting from their computer hundreds, if not thousands, of miles away. I will say, that in my experience, the missing nametape is a fairly major flaw. Fortunately, this flaw is partly made up for by the research that Ewart provided when he supplied a picture of the same jacket being worn. In the end, don't expect an early retirement from the proceeds of selling this jacket. It surely has some value, but it's not going to be anything mind blowing.

I went to a local museum a while back that has an entire floor dedicated to historic autographs. However, the museum guide only talked about how much each autograph was worth. It got annoying pretty quickly.

The only reason I asked whats it worth was to sell one because I have two of them. To be honest I wouldn't care what its worth because that's not what I'm into, just love to collect. I do agree with you LongBranch as to doing my own research, just thought I would get a quick answer and sell it. Thanks all for the replys!