Purple Heart Engraving Question

kcmo

All,

Just picked this up and from what I could find on the forum and other collector sites this appears to be post wwii engraving around the Korean War time period. Is that correct? If so how long was this used for? I could only locate information on him on the WWII Enlistment website so not sure he was wounded in Korea or WWII. Thanks for the assistance.

post-114166-0-32895900-1419030082.jpg

russell moore

Field Title Value Meaning ARMY SERIAL NUMBER 31327698 31327698 NAME TOMAINOLO#ANTHONY#J##### TOMAINOLO#ANTHONY#J##### RESIDENCE: STATE 11 CONNECTICUT RESIDENCE: COUNTY 001 FAIRFIELD PLACE OF ENLISTMENT 1143 HARTFORD CONNECTICUT DATE OF ENLISTMENT DAY 10 10 DATE OF ENLISTMENT MONTH 03 03 DATE OF ENLISTMENT YEAR 43 43 GRADE: ALPHA DESIGNATION PVT# Private GRADE: CODE 8 Private BRANCH: ALPHA DESIGNATION NO# No branch assignment BRANCH: CODE 42 Undefined Code FIELD USE AS DESIRED # # TERM OF ENLISTMENT 5 Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law LONGEVITY ### ### SOURCE OF ARMY PERSONNEL 0 Civil Life NATIVITY 11 CONNECTICUT YEAR OF BIRTH 24 24 RACE AND CITIZENSHIP 1 White, citizen EDUCATION 0 Grammar school CIVILIAN OCCUPATION 700 Semiskilled occupations in manufacture of miscellaneous electrical equipment, n.e.c. MARITAL STATUS 2 Married COMPONENT OF THE ARMY 7 Selectees (Enlisted Men) CARD NUMBER # # BOX NUMBER 0427 0427 FILM REEL NUMBER 3.149 3.149

Thanks for the information. Here is a better closeup of the medal. It is still on the way in the mail so best photo I have right now.

post-114166-0-64661900-1419107094.jpg