Private Chevron Summer Combat

gap

Anyone ever come across a woven (summer combat) WW2-era PFC chevron? I have this style chevron in all ranks EXCEPT private and have yet to see one. Starting to think it may not exist.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the most common type of chevron used in WWII. They are the ones with the silver-ish tan stripes on a dark blue background. They are usually all woven (sort of like Bevo) and made of rayon, or embroidered on a cotton or rayon twill. I checked the Pfc. stripes I have and they are all embroidered on twill

Yes, silverish stripes WOVEN on dark blue background, all rayon. I have applique, OD wool embroidered on blue wool, brownish olive embroidered on khaki, and embroidered on blue. Never seen a woven private chevron!

OK, now I know what your talking about! The answer is YES, they did make the PFC chevron in that style. I have both the embroidered version and the woven version in my collection. I'll check my spares box later on today and if I have an extra, I'll send you a PM to get a snail mail address so I could send it to you. (Keep your fingers crossed.)

Woven chevrons with a od stripe on a khaki background were also made. The best I can determine is that the khaki chevrons were not authorized. There are a whole lot more silver on blue than OD on khaki. OD on khaki were worn on the khaki shirt. I have all but a couple in my collection.

Here are some examples:

Type ag Khaki.pdf

OK, now I know what your talking about! The answer is YES, they did make the PFC chevron in that style. I have both the embroidered version and the woven version in my collection. I'll check my spares box later on today and if I have an extra, I'll send you a PM to get a snail mail address so I could send it to you. (Keep your fingers crossed.)

Awesome, thanks so much. If you don't have an extra, can you post a pix?

Woven chevrons with a od stripe on a khaki background were also made. The best I can determine is that the khaki chevrons were not authorized. There are a whole lot more silver on blue than OD on khaki. OD on khaki were worn on the khaki shirt. I have all but a couple in my collection.

Here are some examples:

Yes, I have one example of woven chevrons with OD stripes on khaki. Similar to very late war USMC stripes. Not very common though!

• 2 weeks later...