Beret Flash ID Assistance

Patchhouse2

Appreciate any help in identifying the flash shown. I have looked through various references I can locate or have without success. I have seen it somewhere before but the trail is dead ........

Any / all help appreciated. In advance, thank you for the assistance. Thank you.

Mike

post-5054-0-24009600-1418882535.jpg

Appreciate any help in identifying the flash shown. I have looked through various references I can locate or have without success. I have seen it somewhere before but the trail is dead ........

Any / all help appreciated. In advance, thank you for the assistance. Thank you.

Mike

This is a new one on me. Have no idea.

All I can say is that it does not look to be "mil spec" work.

Appreciate the comment.

I remembered to look at some other info I had. I think the flash is one of four (1 of 4) variations used by the Ohio Military Reserve / State Guard.

Can anyone confirm? Additionally, if Ohio Military Reserve / State Guard does a specific unit designation exist? At times, these units may be designated as a regiment, brigade, battalion or some other activity.

Appreciate any additional information.

Thank you,

Mike

Appreciate any ideas as to the ID of this flash. Again, believe the piece is one of the four different flashes for the Ohio Defense Force / State Guard. Confirmation / more information would be helpful.

Thank you. Mike

• 3 weeks later...

ID solved thanks to Patchjohnson.

Piece is question is for HQ, 4th Bde Ohio State Defense Force / State Guard. Appears the Ohio group had at least 7 different flashes + a variation of one. Total of 8.

Steve, thanks for the ID.

Mike

• 5 years later...

Patchhouse2 and Patchjohnson

Yes the above patch is the HHC, 4th BDE, Ohio Military Reserve when we were a CORPs. There was 4 version for the 4th, HHC had no red stripes, 41st BN had one red stripe, 42nd BN had 2 red stripes and the 43rd BN had 3 red stripes. Then there was a Flash for the 2nd BDE, 1st BN and the 5th BDE. I am curious as to what you have for the supposedly 8th flash. 

I have a had sewn one of the 42nd, and a 43rd one, looking for the HHC and 41st. I also need the 1st BN one. If anybody has one to trade or what not let me know. I have a bit of OHMR stuff to trade.

Thanks for your time

Cliff