WWII Japanese flag (Regimental flag?)

fordmustanggt_350

fordmustanggt_350

Ok, so I know a fair amount about the Japanese signed flags, rising sun flags but this is one that I have no idea about. I purchased this recently from the son of a veteran who was with the "Special Service, 19th Infantry regiment, 24th Division." This flag came with several other flags, one of which was signed this way and was dated 1946 as they were there for occupation. I know this is the spoils of war in the US Militaria forum but can anyone help me ID what this flag is? The best that I have been able to come up with, after an extensive search of the internet (and we know everything is true on the internet) that this style of flag is a regimental pattern. Other than that I have no idea.

Any help or direction to where I could do additional research would be very appreciated!

Respectfully,

Kevin

post-2569-0-15711300-1418691778.jpg

大日本國防婦人會

Greater Japan Defence Women's Association.

德王寺村分會

? village association. (The Japanese town, whose banner this was.) Unfortunately I am not a native speaker, so cannot make out the first kanji. :)

thefallenbuddha

The village was in Kochi Prefecture. It was called "Tokuojimura" but according to my internet search, the name of the area has since been changed to "Kagamicho." In Japan, it is common for villages and towns to be combined with new names as populations increase or decrease.