• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 choochoo

choochoo
  • Members
    • Member ID: 153,976
  • 199 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:18 PM

I just picked up a DCU OTV off ebay.  But, it came with "Second Chance" labels.  I know they were one of the contractors for the Interceptor vest.  Did I get a civilian version?

Label on the vest:

medium.jpg

#2 vzemke

vzemke
  • Members
    • Member ID: 781
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:24 PM

At that time (2004-2005), the US Army was buying pretty much everything it could get its hands on, with tons of commercial-off-the-shelf items being purchased and issued to soldiers.  I think its plausible that at some point  something with a label like this could have found its way into use by the US Army. 

#3 choochoo

choochoo
  • Members
    • Member ID: 153,976
  • 199 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:52 PM

The vest is in unissued condition.  No NSN numbers.  Only a Second Chance serial number on the vest and inserts.

#4 chief_919

chief_919
  • Members
    • Member ID: 159,963
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 03:54 PM

During that period Second Chance was in the midst of bankruptcy procedures and being sued by lots of government and private parties for selling defective armor. So they were pushing out whatever they could on the commercial or export market trying to turn some cash.

This quite likely was made for a non-contract sale and private purchased by a Soldier or Marine (lots of guys were buying their own armor at that time) or made for export sale. Since it is unissued it also may have very likely been sold in the bankruptcy sale and just sat somewhere until now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users