#1 ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 1
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:23 AM

Hello, fellow community members! :D

I've seen many of you discussing the Show of Shows (and other militaria shows for that matter). And, I was curious what everyone thought about having a USMF flyer that could be passed out at militaria shows?

If you guys and gals think it might be of interest to do such a thing, then would any of you would be willing to place or pass out USMF flyers?

Any thoughts are appreciated. http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif

#2 bfryar44

bfryar44
  • Members
    • Member ID: 90
  • 782 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:07 AM

Post the flyer and I will print out 200 or 300. :)

I don't have a table but the SOS promoters always have a table for militaria flyers.

#3 ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:25 PM

That sounds like a plan! I'll try to make one up this weekend then and post it on here for people to download. :)

#4 vintageproductions

vintageproductions

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 492
  • 15,763 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:50 PM

Please forward some to us and we will make sure they are out at our next West Coast Historical Militaria Collectors show in May.

#5 ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:23 PM

It's done! I have completed the USMF flyer and it is available just below as an Adobe Acrobat format. The format is sized to fill up an entire page of paper (regular notebook size) and when printed Adobe should give the default 1/2 inch white border.

This is what it looks like:

USMFflyerJPG_th.jpg

The flyer is show in color format but if you want black and white, then just set the printer properties to greyscale.

Also, if you are going to make multiple copies, I would suggest you use a copier for duplicates rather than using a printer. The amount of graphics in the picture might be quite hard on home printers, especially old ink jets. http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif

Lastly, if you encounter any trouble with the flyer, please feel free to contact me. I've tested it on my computer, ink jet printer, and laser printer. It worked fine. But, one never knows. So, if any problems, please contact.

PS: IF anyone has a table and is interested in perhaps displaying a poster, please PM me and we can discuss it.

Attached Files

#6 DM1975

DM1975
  • Members
    • Member ID: 281
  • 844 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 09:06 PM

I dont go to many military shows but I do have a link to here on my website and will deffinately print some out and pass them out if I do go to some shows.

#7 ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 09:11 AM

Thanks, DM1975! :)

#8 Ritman

Ritman
  • Members
    • Member ID: 95
  • 465 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 11:00 AM

Great idea. If you get a chance and it is no trouble, there is a repeated word at the very bottom of the flyer "the the".

Just the teacher in me!!!

Jeff

#9 ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 11:07 AM

Jeff, thanks for catching that! And thanks for reminding me too. I had to cut that line entirely out because it actually didn't show up as readable on most printers when printed anyway. Just looked like a jumble of lines. :(

Anyways, the updated file is above.

#10 Ritman

Ritman
  • Members
    • Member ID: 95
  • 465 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 11:10 AM

Jeff, thanks for catching that! And thanks for reminding me too. I had to cut that line entirely out because it actually didn't show up as readable on most printers when printed anyway. Just looked like a jumble of lines. :(

Anyways, the updated file is above.

Looks great. Thanks for the change. I will have some for Justin to hand out at college.

Jeff

#11 CNY Militaria

CNY Militaria

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Senior Moderators
    • Member ID: 94
  • 11,855 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 11:32 AM

Looks great. Thanks for the change. I will have some for Justin to hand out at college.

Jeff

I don't think many people will be interested here...

#12 ADMIN

ADMIN

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 11:42 AM

Maybe in the history department?

#13 CNY Militaria

CNY Militaria

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Senior Moderators
    • Member ID: 94
  • 11,855 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 11:53 AM

We don't have one, only a minor in history is available, and the courses are all crap IMO. Even in my major, there are only about 150 people as far as I know. Most of the 15,000 people here are technical or engineering majors.

#14 Ricardo

Ricardo
  • Members
    • Member ID: 202
  • 7,760 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:53 AM

Very nice idea!!

I will print some ones and put in one take-one display in Museum!!

Best regards,

Ricardo.

#15 Gil Sanow

Gil Sanow

Forum Subject Advisor

• FORUM SUBJECT ADVISOR
    • Member ID: 528
  • 4,329 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 03:12 PM

Very nice idea!!

I will print some ones and put in one take-one display in Museum!!

Best regards,

Ricardo.

I will be happy to run the flyer in AAMUC FOOTLOCKER, but at 1/4 or 2/3 page the lettering is far too small. Could we have a large type version for us old , weak-eyed guys? Something that would be more suitable for printing in a publication -- in b/w, of course?

G

#16 GERMAN-PATCH-HUNTER

GERMAN-PATCH-HUNTER

BANNED

• Banned
    • Member ID: 391
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 11:16 AM

ok i will print some out and take it to the shows here in germany
greetings

#17 ccmax

ccmax
  • Members
    • Member ID: 19
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 11:24 AM

This is great. Many of us probably sell stuff on eBay and other online venues. Since I started selling the helmet books on eBay I noticed that many collectors are not aware of the existance of forums. I will start adding one leaflet inside each envelope.

#18 Bob M

Bob M
  • Members
    • Member ID: 230
  • 557 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 06:35 AM

Great idea, but what is the main goal of this forum? Getting more members than all other fora? Or, getting the highest level of quality?

Bob

#19 Bob Hudson

Bob Hudson

Forum Co-Founder (Ret)

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 2
  • 26,236 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 08:49 AM

Great idea, but what is the main goal of this forum? Getting more members than all other fora? Or, getting the highest level of quality?

Bob

There's no reason you can't do both. In fact, a larger knowledge base increases the opportunities for quality discussions. Forums such as this will always have a certain amount of "research oriented" discussion and a certain amount of what I call "show but no tell" with lots of pictures and few details.

We started this forum in late 2006 and did nothing to promote it, but suddenly - to our surprise - more than 500 people showed up, all bound by interest in US militaria but beyond that with diverse interests and needs. Obviously these needs were not being met elsewhere.

We are doing things to make it easier to find the more "informative" posts, but if masses of collectors want to participate in a thread(s) that are nothing more than pictures of collections, then they also have a place too.

#20 ccmax

ccmax
  • Members
    • Member ID: 19
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:01 PM

Members have different reasons for joining forums. Even if a given forum is set out primarily as a research tool. The motivation behind people registering and posting here are innumerous. Personally, I like both the research and show and tell styles.

On the other hand, there is a number of collectors who use the Internet to purchase their various items but who are unaware of the information available from the same source. Many of these collectors, especially those who have been into this for less than 10 years, keep buying fakes. As more and more collectors are informed about the existance of forums, this in time will become the best way to contain the fakes and fraud.

#21 zotig111

zotig111
  • Members
    • Member ID: 8,230
  • 953 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:15 AM

I'll have some on my table at SoS...

I think this is a great forum. I found it by accident. As a US collector, the other forum doesn't really have much for us...

Putting some fliers on my table is the least I can do to support this worthy effort.

Keep up the good work!

#22 Corpsmancollector

Corpsmancollector
  • Members
    • Member ID: 5,339
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:40 AM

I'll hand some out at events this side of the pond if you like gents? I'd be more than happy to :)

Will

#23 Johan Willaert

Johan Willaert
  • Members
    • Member ID: 92
  • 8,362 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:57 AM

I'll gladly take some to the Ciney Show in April or to Normandy in June, if you can get them to me....

JOhan

#24 Bugme

Bugme

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 1,726
  • 15,056 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:52 AM

I'll take some of these to the SOS this year. Before I print up a couple hundred of these, are there any upgrades that are going to be done to this 3 year old flyer or is the current one still a go?

#25 Ken_Carroll

Ken_Carroll
  • Members
    • Member ID: 5,957
  • 368 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:20 AM

I will print up some for my table at the Show of Shows. Happy to do it.

Regards,

Ken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users