USMC Saddle Cloth /w Leather EGA

Eric Queen

Found this at a junk show last week. Not really my thing (plus I have absolutely no place to put it) so I will put it up for sale here on the forum. One of the EGA's is missing but the other one is in great shape and I think it would display fine. Could someone please help me with a fair price for this? I really have no idea.

Thanks a lot.

Eric

DSC_1386.JPG

That is cool.I have never seen anything like that before.Seeing that the EG&A are leather I bet you could have one reproduced, if you wanted to equal the blanket out.I don't collect these types of items but I would guess a couple hundred as is.Looks yo be in VG shape with honest wear and no cracks, that I can see, in the leather.

There is some info and photos on these blankets in (Forum member) Alec Tulkoff's book "Equipping the Corps". I don't want to post all of it without his permission.

post-8602-0-75958000-1417311253.jpg

I believe I saw one sell for $400-$600 awhile back. Horse tackle is harder to move, it seems. The missing EGA is definitely going to have a pretty fair impact on the value, though.

Thanks again for all the help on this. I appreciate it. The piece is now on hold for a forum member.

I used the average of Brig's estimate and cut in in half (due to the missing EGA). Still a rare piece which will display very nicely.

EQ