Air Force BASE HONOR GUARD Uniform

Brian Keith

Hello all,

Here is an Air Force Coat that I purchased from an Antique Mall. With all the “bells and whistles”, I couldn’t resist for the price.

It is a male coat, with E-3 rank insignia, a “BASE HONOR GUARD” arc on the left shoulder with an all silver aiguillette with tips that have the USAR wing and star (as on the buttons). It has silver braid on the lower sleeves.

The badge says; “BASE HONOR GUARD TO HONOR WITH DIGINITY”. I’m not sure if there is a “33” in the design. There are no markings on the back, possibly a foreign made piece from a non-US located USAF Base. I probably would not have purchase this uniform if this badge wasn’t on it.

I think the manufacture tag indicates it was a 2001 contract.

Thoughts and info welcome.

Thanks for looking,

BKW

post-1549-0-98933100-1417239035.jpgpost-1549-0-77643000-1417239051.jpgpost-1549-0-76111300-1417239072.jpgpost-1549-0-77630500-1417239085.jpg

There's no "33" in the design..that's just the way it looks....I find the uniforms all the time at the base thrift store but you never find the aigulette...when I was on the honor guard we didn't have the badger and wore a white rope..one was fancier for ceremonies and one plain for every day wear. The NCOIC of our color guard was the one who designed that "To honor with dignity" patch for our polo shirts circa 1987.

Now you need to find a dress belt to go with it. Did you get the pants too?? If not, I can keep an eye out at the thrift shop for a pair for you.

Mark sends

Mark sends

Thanks for the comments folks. TreasureHunter, I think they did, but Mark can probably answer authoritatively. Mark, the trousers were not with the uniform, those pants would have the silver stripes down the leg wouldn't they? If you would come across a pair for about $10 or so I would be a buyer. Thanks,

BKW