CBI theater made CHINESE UNIT DUI under ALLIED CMD?

gatormeat

WW2 CBI theater? or possibly even KOREAN WAR? the local insignia 'expert' here confidently informed me that the (shown) DUI insignia crest was for a nationalist chinese unit under joint ALLIED Command. I have my doubts! vainly tried researching 332nd unit under most possible unit variations without any on-line hits. who knows?....it could possibly be of postwar Japanese origin or perhaps Korean War vintage? the generic asian kanji character smacks of chinese? or japanese? or even korean as indicated by the 'circular' inclusion within the character itself. adding to the mystery mix, the upper parallel two lines denotes 'two' or 'ni' in japanese. (hey, its all french to me!). the delicate pinback attachment style is reminsicent (however) of most WW2 CBI theater produced DUIs. i suspect our resident 'guru' was going on that track!

normally in situations like this....i would defer to the late Jay Massaro (RIP). what i loved about Jay was his insignia crest wisdom was acquired 'hands-on' as an army brat and his years as an US Army officer...and he was uncannily usually 'spot-on'. it was his witty TP column i normally read first & sadly miss....alas, he was a true class-act! thus, it was pathetic sight to see his two sons squabbling over his extensive DUI collection after his passing. anyhow,..this rambling on Jay is entirely a different subject topic...moving on.....

the Question! (i beg to ask y'all): has anyone seen such a similar DUI? and if so, how does one go about identifying the unit? and please! don't tell me it's a Taiwanese Metro Authority bus conductor's lapel badge circa 1962!

post-1303-0-71960000-1417235888.jpg

post-1303-0-73519800-1417235905.jpg