British made 1911 clip pouch, real?

Phantomf4

These British made mag pouches are common and no good reproductions currently exist (that I know of).

The tricky pouch to find is the elusive Mills 1943 double flap mag pouch -- I've been looking for years!

-Steve

Hi Steve,

always getting excited when it turns to rare .45 mag pouches... But which is the elusive Mills 1943 double flap pouch you refer to? Feel like I'm missing something...

Thanks...

Fausto

And, always speaking about British made .45 mag pouches, I'm still fighting with the M.E.Co 1943 with black British buttons. Got all kind of British makers, including the M.E.Co. 1943-44 with Lift-the-Dot U.S. style and Pull Here fasteners, but this one is still missing... Not so rare, but not very often seen...

Fausto

post-8381-0-22430600-1416996317.jpg

And just for reference, here the two styles of fasteners I was speaking about... Please note that we have three kind of fasteners in the same year... On the left the British Pull Here fasteners and on the right the British Lift-the-Dot, almost identical to the U.S. ones, but sometimes black painted and not blued...In 1944 all makers, including M.E.Co. turned to the later style

post-8381-0-47729800-1416996989.jpg

post-8381-0-80025700-1416997004.jpg

Hi Fausto,

This is what I'm missing....

Do you have any?

I have all the other rare 1911 pouches used by Americans/Brits/Canadians in WWI/WWII, but not this one.

-Steve

post-56544-0-97339000-1417054291.jpg

post-56544-0-75868100-1417054302.jpg

Ohh....I've never seen one I guess. But this pouch was not made for American troops so I guess that's why I haven't seen or looked for one.

Ronnie

Hi Steve and Ronnie,

Got it... but I think that this mag pouch is not actually for the .45 pistol, but for the .455 supplied to British Gvt. According to the Karkee Web (the pictures below are from this great site) this pouch was part of the Web Equipment Pattern 1925 issued to Royal Air Force...

And, sorry, never got one of these rare pouches, not to speak of the holster...

Enjoy

Fausto

post-8381-0-86920100-1417077543.jpg

post-8381-0-40420900-1417077556.jpg

Johan Willaert

And, always speaking about British made .45 mag pouches, I'm still fighting with the M.E.Co 1943 with black British buttons. Got all kind of British makers, including the M.E.Co. 1943-44 with Lift-the-Dot U.S. style and Pull Here fasteners, but this one is still missing... Not so rare, but not very often seen...

Fausto

Fausto,

Those two came in a set of three which I purchased in 2009.. Two went to collector friends...

At that time they were the only ones I had ever seen for sale and I haven't seen any since...

Hi Johan,

now I remember... Sorry for the stolen picture... And, by the way, if I remember well, they came from a Normandy seller, who had several in stock, but when I asked him, they were all sold...

If you ever decide to part from it... I'm here still missing this variation to complete a large set of British made pouches selected by makers, years, fasteners style etc.

Thanks!

Fausto

Johan Willaert

Yes, I bought them in the Ste Mere Eglise Static Line shop during the June 2009 D-Day commemoration week...

As said, haven't seen nay since...

Will keep it in the collection for now...

Hi Steve and Ronnie,

Got it... but I think that this mag pouch is not actually for the .45 pistol, but for the .455 supplied to British Gvt. According to the Karkee Web (the pictures below are from this great site) this pouch was part of the Web Equipment Pattern 1925 issued to Royal Air Force...

And, sorry, never got one of these rare pouches, not to speak of the holster...

Enjoy

Fausto

Hi Fausto,

The 1925 pattern pouch you posted was for the .455 Webley Automatic, not a 1911 at all.

The 1943 pouch I posted was a 'general purpose' mag pouch that was used by airborne troops and often used with U.S. lend-lease M1911A1's and eventually used with Inglis hi-powers.

I suppose neither of these pouches are designed for the sole purpose of carrying 1911 magazines but each was used as such to some capacity -- and are very rare.

-Steve