WW2 USN Lapel pins and Bracelet

Here are a couple pictures of some of my grandfather's pins. I figure they were lapel pins, maybe someone on here can give me a little more info on them. Also a bracelet given to him from my grandmother, Gwenn, which he wore throughout the war.

post-154874-0-35629500-1416610965.jpg

Not to be morbid, but those bracelets, a common item at the time, were popularly known by Navy fliers as "crash bracelets" and were worn as an addition means of identification, should it become necessary, after a fatal flying accident.

Thanks for sharing your grandfather's personal items, as it helps all of us better appreciate him as an individual and the culture at that time.

Best regards, Paul

Also, if you didn't realize it, the tie bar, wings, and bracelet are representations of naval aviator wings. You might already know this, but I shouldn't take that for granted. Looks like your grandfather was a pilot. The small item between the tie bar and wings appears to be part of a sweetheart pin--the chain had some sort of emblem on it, so that the pin was in two parts or pieces.

Pete