Brown dominant ERDL pants in VN era?

Goingecho

Got it from eBay several months ago, but still a little bit confused.. I do found some features of VN era, such as tags, cargo pocket style, and the inner "survival kit" pocket, but not sure of its camo pattern. Is that a so-called "brown dominant" pattern? Please tell me what you guys think.

post-155044-0-67766900-1416601523.jpg

Yes. VN era brown dominated ERDL. It also has piece of green dominated pattern on cargo pocket. Common for late war production when the mfg use the left overs of green dominated materials.

Thanks all of you for the great info, awesome!

BTW a little more question about the fabric: Is that any different exists among the VN era "W/R poplin", "rip stop poplin", and the "poplin"? Still confused about that. Are they all the so-called "heavyweight fabric"?

It's pretty common to see mix of all patterns on one garment on 68 dated items.....

not just late production.

Owen

Thanks Owen. I had few ERDLs, I noticed the mix on 1969+ dated ERDL's and even RDF if I recall correctly. Didn't realize earlier as well.

BTW a little more question about the fabric: Is that any different exists among the VN era "W/R poplin", "rip stop poplin", and the "poplin"? Still confused about that. Are they all the so-called "heavyweight fabric"?

Poplin is just a type of fabric, in this case woven from cotton yarn. All of these uniforms are made from cotton poplin. It's definitely not heavyweight and that was the point, and there is no heavier weight version of the Tropical Combat Uniforms. W/R stands for wind resistant, which they all were due to the tightly woven nature of the poplin fabric. Late in 1967 stronger yarns were added to the weave in a regular cross-hatch pattern: rip-stop. It is still, however, cotton poplin. The confusion in all this comes from the fact that the contractors weren't consistent with the labeling.