Something Funny Going On

SKIPH

A few weeks ago I saw this smooth handled CASE M3 on ebay. #361020492959. It was being sold as a factory prototype. If you note the markings are not how CASE did their M3 stamp. Normal guard marked CASE stamps are parallel to the ground as you look at the guard, bottom pointed down. This was marked like a Camillus Repro perpendicular to the ground if you hold the knife in your left hand. Well today I came across an 8 groove CASE M3 marked the same way.Ebay item #111514497862. Again that's not how CASE stamped them. Also the stamps look more engraved than actually stamped into the guard. Have not compared the fonts, to an original. Just be careful gang, something fishy here. Compare for your own personal knowledge. If someone could figure out how to post for comparison, we could all see. Sorry, I'm not that talented. SKIP

I am not an M3 collector, but the markings look to me that they are restamps, looks like you can see some old letters under part of them. Certainly not up to the style of mark used on the Case M4.

Here is what a real case gm should look like. Nothing about that handle looks correct for a case knife .. so I won't even bother to look at the blade.. thanks for posting.

post-2641-0-65285300-1415908068.jpg