• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wingman68

wingman68
  • Members
    • Member ID: 3,457
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:01 PM

I scored a pair of new WW2 issue shoulder boards in there Vanguard box, I bought them as Navy ones and didnt think any more of it until I was looking at some MSTS history and then it twigged, my boards have MSTS on the buttons, there LT Cdr boards and have an Oak Leaf, what does the Oak Leaf indicate? am still learning about American ranks and rates,

#2 QED4

QED4
  • Members
    • Member ID: 55
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:36 AM

The MSTS was organized in 1949 but the boards could be one of a couple of organizations during WWII that it replaced so basically they are not WWII or they are not MSTS. As for the oak leaf, they use the Navy system and the oak leaf could be one of several branches depending on the angle and acorns or branches and the like. With out a picture, really can't tell anything.

#3 wingman68

wingman68
  • Members
    • Member ID: 3,457
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:17 PM

navy_031.jpg navy_031.jpg

I scored a pair of new WW2 issue shoulder boards in there Vanguard box, I bought them as Navy ones and didnt think any more of it until I was looking at some MSTS history and then it twigged, my boards have MSTS on the buttons, there LT Cdr boards and have an Oak Leaf, what does the Oak Leaf indicate? am still learning about American ranks and rates,

Uptop is a pic i just took, its a bit dark but you can see the detail, the button has an anchor with MSTS down the middle, its not a Lt Cdr as originally stated, I mixed it up with the Medical ones I have.,

#4 KurtA

KurtA
  • Members
    • Member ID: 322
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:22 PM

Those are for an ensign in the Supply Corps.
Kurt

#5 Bob Hudson

Bob Hudson

Forum Co-Founder (Ret)

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 2
  • 21,985 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:26 PM

I think that leaf is for Supply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

In Memory of Co-Founder GREG MILLS ROBINSON, a.k.a. "Marine-KaBar"