Shoulder board Identity

wingman68

I scored a pair of new WW2 issue shoulder boards in there Vanguard box, I bought them as Navy ones and didnt think any more of it until I was looking at some MSTS history and then it twigged, my boards have MSTS on the buttons, there LT Cdr boards and have an Oak Leaf, what does the Oak Leaf indicate? am still learning about American ranks and rates,

The MSTS was organized in 1949 but the boards could be one of a couple of organizations during WWII that it replaced so basically they are not WWII or they are not MSTS. As for the oak leaf, they use the Navy system and the oak leaf could be one of several branches depending on the angle and acorns or branches and the like. With out a picture, really can't tell anything.

post-3457-1214961282.jpgpost-3457-1214961282.jpg

I scored a pair of new WW2 issue shoulder boards in there Vanguard box, I bought them as Navy ones and didnt think any more of it until I was looking at some MSTS history and then it twigged, my boards have MSTS on the buttons, there LT Cdr boards and have an Oak Leaf, what does the Oak Leaf indicate? am still learning about American ranks and rates,

Uptop is a pic i just took, its a bit dark but you can see the detail, the button has an anchor with MSTS down the middle, its not a Lt Cdr as originally stated, I mixed it up with the Medical ones I have.,