A couple of badges from a local dealer

MikeK

Went to my local militaria dealer who puts his US bits and pieces aside for me to go through. Came back with a few nice pieces, some locally made (some not in the right forum but USN dominates the scan).

The 1" garrison cap badge is by K G Luke. The CPO hat badge appears to be by Sheridan. The little USN 1-1/2" wings are also by Sheridan I think (but unmarked). The sweetheart half dollar appears to have Aussie hardware as well.

Enjoy.

Regards

Mike

post-11042-0-84509400-1415092526.jpg

Reverse.

The CPO chain is separately applied, but in a different form to earlier US made styles (from what I've seen).

post-11042-0-58916300-1415092836.jpg

There is nothing like finding real Aussie made insignia in Australia! Everything looks great to me. My favorite piece is that US Navy bar with the engraved half dollar. It is a great piece! The navy cap devices are something else! Congratulations on the pick up.

Allan

Terrific pick-up Mike! I agree with Allan...the USS Roma Airship bar with engraved 1/2 dollar is the pick of the litter. Congratulations!

Thanks for your comments guys - appreciated.

Dave, a larger scan of the 2 x KGLM USN cap badges I have. Hopefully that helps.

Russ, the dealer and myself both thought the half dollar bar was a pure sweetheart item either to or from a lady named Roma and a bloke named Arthur. I haven't known any Roma's here but the dealer has know a couple (there's always been a local Italian community in the Fremantle area). It would be nice if it was Airship related though!

Regards

Mike

post-11042-0-52345200-1415146260.jpg

Mike:

I borrowed your image and posted it over on this thread: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/222071-seeking-information-on-left-looking-navy-eagle-hat-badges/page-2&do=findComment&comment=1770659

You wouldn't happen to have a full-sized device, would you?

Thanks again, these are beautiful!

Dave

Hi,

Dave, I thought I had a full size - checked - but turns out I don't. Pretty certain I've seen them online though.

Firefighter, re the CPO mark, it's only a partial as most is hiding under the catch. Seems to be 4 letters (SHER...) over some numbers. In combination with the hardware, I'm pretty sure it's a Sheridan, Perth example.

Regards

Mike

PS: The CPO badge would have a similar hallmark to the attached - curved SHERIDAN over their address, 846 HAY ST (still one of Perth's main streets).

post-11042-0-73775400-1415189644.jpg

Mike, your right...the inscribed 1/2 dollar medallion is most likely a sweetheart piece to/from a girl named Roma. There was indeed a USS Roma airship, but it was flown by the US Army, not the Navy, before it crashed in 1922. (I guess suggesting it might be related to the Starship "Roma" from the Star Trek television series is a stretch as well!)

Regardless, you scored some really unique pieces!