50's Era Collar Discs

36-tex

Some know I have a soft spot for the branch colored backs for Army enlisted collar disc. I just received these today and love them.

QM disc with the buff color "base" or backer.

post-98-0-07575100-1414708005.jpg

Nice find! I'd bet we may have acquired these from the same source. I have a pair just like it. Do you know if these were ever made with the more modern eagle arrangement? Oddly this set was made post-WWII, but uses the eagle from the pre-1935 design. Or, were they ever made with a buff-colored plastic backing?

Can you post some photos of your collection of these 50's era backings? I'm taking some interest in these items. Thanks, Jim

Jim, I will get some pictures this weekend. I have the blue in plastic and metal; artillery in plastic and aluminum; plastic MP; Cav in metal; Air Corps in metal; and maybe some others.

Here are a few I have on my computer at this time. These belong to a friend at this time (I am working on him!).

Enlisted cap insignia with a green (M.P.) plastic backer.

post-98-0-68131200-1415237390.jpg

post-98-0-56548100-1415237392.jpg

Absolutely beautiful -That pinwheel medical takes the prize! The two colored M.P. almost looks like a backing for the old 511th Infantry -color wise that is, similar to their wing oval. Thanks again , maybe we can keep this thread going with more photos from others. Love that pinwheel !

Thanks for showing the rest of your collection. I had a set of the artillery discs like what you've shown, but I sold them. Biased that your Quartermaster ones are the best though!