Most Unusual USMC Mini Bar

bobgee

Recently acquired this unusual and possibly unique USMC officer's mini medal bar consisting of a PhilCamp, ChinaExp, MexicoCamp, WW1Vic and an Exped ribbon.. I own other items related to him and his family. When described on the phone I interpreted the seller's comments to suggest that it was missing the Expeditionary pendant, as in fallen off, and only the ribbon was present. Well that was accurate but not the way I thought it would be. The USMC Expeditionary Medal, covering a large number of expeditions, started as a Ribbon in 1919. The planchet was authorized in 1921 but didn;t become available until 1929. The inclusion of a miniature ribbon only (with a number 2 affixed) suggests that the bar was produced post 1919 and prior to 1929. Personally I have never seen such a rack produced in this manner and thought I'd share it. Enjoy! Semper Fi! Bobgee

SCHWABLE MINI BAR 1.JPG SCHWABLE MINI BAR 2 REV.JPG

teufelhunde.ret

Great mini bar Bob! A first time seeing a bar created like this and great addition to the group your holding. Guessing it was created around 1921 when Pres Harding authorized the Expeditionary ribbon, become the Expeditionary Medal?

Bob, you tease. I love mounted USMC mini medals...and these are fantastic! When do we get to see the rest of the group? :huh::)