UD-42 project

MattD

All

I started a UD-42 project about 18 months ago. These 9mm SMGs were used by the OSS during WW2. Dropped to the resistance in Europe and Asia. A good friend of mine's father carried one of these in Europe Lt Harry "Smoke" Herres.

Here is what I started with:

post-2368-0-63147500-1414243027.jpg

post-2368-0-90271800-1414243034.jpg

Below are two of the finished products. Both are replica guns, with a mix of original and "real-steel " replacement parts.

I still need to put some work in the wood and clean them up some more.

I also have a complete parts kit too and a number of magazines.

post-2368-0-67346400-1414243308.jpg

post-2368-0-48239000-1414243316.jpg

Great job! I collect OSS stuff and would love to have the parts and skills to do this. Where did you find the demilled parts to start with?

Below is a complete parts kit and some extra mags.

I will be selling the "parts kit" and one replica SMG in the near future. I need to recoup some of my investment.

post-2368-0-84939100-1414243944.jpg

Great job! I collect OSS stuff and would love to have the parts and skills to do this. Where did you find the demilled parts to start with?

A guy had them on Gun broker about 3-4 years ago. During the time I sent him a question on GB and I had saved his email. Jan 2012 I contacted him and he still had the parts kits. Well I have an "extra" gun

Hey Matt;

That is so cool. Great job in restoration. These were actually very fine subs. Congratulations and thanks for sharing

I had a C&R one many years ago (thinking 1999 or 2000) and paid $6500. Sold it a few years later for 10K and I would hate to know what they are going for now.

Jason

A friend of mine has a transferable UD-M42, and I've had the pleasure of shooting it. VERY fun subgun...Runs at about 900 rpm in 9mm.

They run around $18-20K now...

Let us know when you put the items up for sale.

David Albert

[email protected]

Dave at "ThompsonBarrels" did majority of the machining for this project. If you have a similar project, I would recommend him

Matt

thompsonbarrels

Dave at "ThompsonBarrels" did majority of the machining for this project. If you have a similar project, I would recommend him

Matt

Matt-

Thank you for the opportunity to work on your UD 42 Project, it was a fulfilling custom work project for me as well. Having started out manufacturing barrels for the Thompson SMG, doing a custom order such as yours was fun and a learning experience on the UD 42.

Again thank you and best regards,

www.thompsonbarrels.com