Huge uniform lot from thrift store, PIR garrison cap, 2 Navy hats, LT Col dress, Field jackets, Navy dress whites, Air Force,

TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter

Spent the day at the thrift which I usually call my "office". I just wait for thing to come out and they go from the rack to my cart. Today was a good day I would think. Mostly newer stuff but as you can see by the prices, well worth, have to fund your hobby somehow right?

2 Navy chief combination caps, US Navy Chiefs dress blues jacket, newer PIR garrison, Lt Col female mess dress & dress blue jackets, 2 Field jackets, one is a Major with jump wings other is Navy Senior Chief, US Army shirt with jump wings + star, 4th ID on both shoulders, Air Force officer jacket, US Navy dress whites w/ pants & last by not least vintage Royal Canadian Mounted Police uniform.....enjoy

post-123772-0-43839400-1414096981.jpg

post-123772-0-40953300-1414096989.jpg

The last BDU jacket is interesting. I don't think I remember ever seeing a 4th ID patch that was "green on green" like that. Most of the time it's black on green.

TreasureHunter

Was reading about whether it's authorized or not. Lot of different opinions. I'm thinking nobody is going to tell the MSGT he is wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

The last BDU jacket is interesting. I don't think I remember ever seeing a 4th ID patch that was "green on green" like that. Most of the time it's black on green.

the green on green 4 ID patch was not authorized by the Army (TIOH) it was a local authorization after the division's first Iraq deployment. There is also a green on brown version for the DCU's which comes in two versions. Both the green on green and green on brown versions were short lived. There are theater made versions and "China" made versions available of the green on brown version. Both ligit in my opinion since both were worn by the troops. the CHINA versions were widely available around FT HOOD were the 4th was based at the time.

The top patch is theater made and the bottom one in China made. Green on Brown for DCU's

post-1604-0-22730100-1414133914.jpg

I DEFENITELY need to pay the US a visit someday, with shipping costs rising by the day... I don´t know any militaria shop in Mexico, militaria related maybe, but the prices are prohibitive!, Good finds!