Rare WW2 Black patch with White Skull

mortaydc60

This patch just sold for $617. Seller did not know if USAF or USMC. It sat for days with afew low bids,than the flood gates opened the last day and all the people who knew what it was bid. Actually surprised so many knew what it was but happy in another way that ASMIC has succeeded in educating the collecting public or at least the people who are smart enough to join. This is only the second one I have seen in 60 years and this one is ingreat shape and know of maybe one other. OK it is the 801st Tank Destroyer Bn. Oh by the way that price is low in my opinion great score for winner. Mortpost-565-0-08329800-1413938309.jpg

post-565-0-50447500-1413938333.jpg

Patchcollector

Hey all,

This just went for 617.03.I had thrown a bid on it but this went sky high so I was out of the running pretty quickly.I'm guessing this is for an Army unit.If anyone knows what unit this patch is for,please post it here.

Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381023743146?_trksid=p2060778.m1431.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Sellers pics

post-13386-0-88529500-1413938261.jpg

post-13386-0-51479800-1413938376.jpg

Patchcollector

Weird , Mort just posted about it. 801st TD apparently? Check out his post you guys hit it simultaneously

Hahaa,nice..

Great minds think alike I suppose :)

At least he knew the unit ID :lol:

Hello,

I was watching this auction on eBay mostly out of curiosity, the patch ended up selling for a little over $600. It is white felt sewn onto black felt. The teeth look chain-stitched. It has four snaps sewn on the back for attachment. Anyone here know what it is? It was listed as having come from a Marine vet estate.

post-122639-0-23438700-1413994931.jpg

I had followed the auction also. Threw in a bid just in case but it was left in the dust quickly. I had remembered the article in an older ASMIC Trading Post that had shown the patch being worn on a pair of coveralls if I remember correctly. Scarce patch and sold at a good price for the buyer.

Hello,

I was watching this auction on eBay mostly out of curiosity, the patch ended up selling for a little over $600. It is white felt sewn onto black felt. The teeth look chain-stitched. It has four snaps sewn on the back for attachment. Anyone here know what it is? It was listed as having come from a Marine vet estate.

Guess I should have done a search before I started a new post! Neat patch