Multinational Force & Observes 6 Color Uniform.

SergeantMajorGray

SergeantMajorGray

Here is my most recent chocolate chip purchase. I was not aware of this force until I saw the uniform. I liked this one for the pin on rank and EIB the placement of the flag is unusual as well but is normal for MFO uniforms. Also why is there no Airborne tab on the 1st COSCOM patch?The tag is also interesting as it's not the standard type with DLA contract but this is original and not a reproduction.
post-104619-0-81486600-1413874142.jpgpost-104619-0-61995100-1413874161.jpg

SergeantMajorGray

Here is the tag made by defense personnel support center. Sorry about the double post of one of the pics but the Forum won't let me delete it.

Oh and the typo in the title B)

post-104619-0-94376000-1413874329.jpg

SergeantMajorGray

1st Sustainment CMD/1st SUPCOM/1st COSCOM/1st FASCOM/1st LOG CMD (yes, it has had all of these designations) has not always been "Airborne."

I thought from 71 to 05 they were but I haven't fully looked into it.

I would think since he has no jump wings he did not serve in an airborne component of COSCOM, so he would not have a airborne tab. We were pretty merciless to coscom legs at Bragg.

My sister batt, 1/325 INF was the first MFO force in the summer of 1982.

Alan

SergeantMajorGray

I would think since he has no jump wings he did not serve in an airborne component of COSCOM, so he would not have a airborne tab. We were pretty merciless to coscom legs at Bragg.

My sister batt, 1/325 INF was the first MFO force in the summer of 1982.

Alan

I thought all components of 1st COSCOM were all Airborne when they supported XVIII Airborne Corps. I know most of the soldiers weren't jump qualified though I could see how wearing the tab could cause some remarks and maybe this guy wanted to avoid that but then again he does have a EIB which most guys don't.

The Airborne tab is or was part of the SSI and would have been worn by all soldiers within the command. The command was designated as airborne, not individual elements or soldiers. That is my understanding.

SergeantMajorGray

During ODS, the 101ST SUPPORT GROUP wore the 1ST COSCOM SSI without the AIRBORNE Tab.

http://www.desertstorm1991.com/files/SPT/0101SPT_GP.htm

So, if e.g. a 101ST ABN DIV element was sent for the MFO Sinai mission, the supporting unit could have been a 101st SPT GP element wearing the 1ST COSCOM SSI without the tab.

Thank you for the info I think that's exactly it.

I was an officer on the staff for 1st COSCOM when OIF started. Everyone wore the airborne tab at the time regardless of their status. I was in COSCOM units from 2002-early 2006. We had two deployments to Iraq in that time and in both we wore tabs on our DCUs and BDUs. Just after I left, their status/name changed and the tab went away.

flashesandovals

I was an officer on the staff for 1st COSCOM when OIF started. Everyone wore the airborne tab at the time regardless of their status. I was in COSCOM units from 2002-early 2006. We had two deployments to Iraq in that time and in both we wore tabs on our DCUs and BDUs. Just after I left, their status/name changed and the tab went away.

This uniform was worn until the pattern was phased out around 1993

SergeantMajorGray

Is 6 color stuff rare enough to pick up when you see it? Or should it be treated like the rest of the BDU's I find?

They are getting harder to find if the ones you are seeing have patches I'd get them.

They are getting harder to find if the ones you are seeing have patches I'd get them.

Ok Thanks for the info. I have seen lots of people getting excited about them so I'll keep my eye out.

Ok Thanks for the info. I have seen lots of people getting excited about them so I'll keep my eye out.

I have a hard time finding em in my area, and just love the pattern. Then again same thing with BDUs. If the price is cheap enough I get them just to get them, on both of em. Most people here seem to disregard BDUs, DCUs and DBDUs for the most part, but I really like em, moreso than most other stuff....