Named 26th ID Officer Ike; SSM, BSMX2 & PHX3!

Kadet

I was pretty excited about the opportunity to acquire this one. The wearer served in the 104th IR, 26th ID. He was highly decorated, and received a battlefield commission. The jacket is privately tailored and has his laundry # in it. The cap was also his. Tough to make out in my pics, but the jacket has pin back 104th DI and sewn on green leadership tabs on the shoulders....

post-110-0-19827200-1413839571.jpg

Great jacket to a proud Massachusetts man, Kadet. I was wondering what the missing ribbon bar was, but you ended up with a nice surprise, there! Congrats on the new addition.

The seller actually kept the top bar and mailed it to me separately. He wouldn't tell me the family name either, but I was able to figure it out from the laundry #

post-110-0-40871100-1413841017.jpg

Nice uniform! I think its great when these Ebay sellers think they are being smart and protecting their sources by not giving you the name and you can figure it out anyway!

Kurt

I was interested in it also.. However the seller decided to block me for a unknown reason.. Was able to ID him quickly as well! A great looking jacket too bad I missed it out, but glad a forum member got it!

If you ever decide to sell it.. I have a spot free for him!

carbinephalen

Dang! After pestering the seller for a name and repeatedly turned down, I gave up on it! Freaking fantastic and glad his identity is known!

Dang! After pestering the seller for a name and repeatedly turned down, I gave up on it! Freaking fantastic and glad his identity is known!

It's just lucky that he used his enlisted laundry stamp in the jacket. If he had written in an officer's ASN, it wouldn't been a lot harder to track it down.

• 1 month later...

I'm gathering he was an original Massachusetts National Guardsman and intially an EM. Chicopee, Belchertown are near Springfield, the HQ of the 104th Infantry when it was federalized in January 1941. If so, this in itself makes him kinda unique, as lot of NGs of all ranks where transfered out as we know as time went on after they were federalized, especially in a division like the the 26th Division, which spent approximately three years and seven months in the states before going overseas.

• 2 years later...