Navy guys please help!

automatic

post-153851-0-64676600-1413837869.jpg post-153851-0-91200700-1413837994.jpg

Ok I have no idea what this is! Wait, no well I did research, but it looks different than the other stuff I saw. First off the crow is facing the wrong way. Second, it is only about 3 quarters (the coin) long and two wide. Anyway, Navy stuff is the polar opposite of what I usually get, but it was $1, so I couldn't pass them up. I got three. Please tell me anything you know about this! Thanks in advance for your help

Garth Thompson

attachicon.gifImage1.jpg attachicon.gifImage1.jpg

Ok I have no idea what this is! Wait, no well I did research, but it looks different than the other stuff I saw. First off the crow is facing the wrong way. Second, it is only about 3 quarters (the coin) long and two wide. Anyway, Navy stuff is the polar opposite of what I usually get, but it was $1, so I couldn't pass them up. I got three. Please tell me anything you know about this! Thanks in advance for your help

These are not navy rates but a civilian patch for a child's coat or jacket.

Garth

While I concur that these are not navy rates, but rather civilian patches for a child's jumper or coat, the direction of the eagle is not the factor.

Prior to 1948, some eagles faced right, and prior to 1941, all eagles faced right. See below a 1938 dated EM1c

rate:

post-132988-0-91239100-1413901777.jpg

You did the right thing buying them. Well worth the gamble. On 20 such deals, if you're right only once, you can come out WAY ahead of the game. It's the $50 (or more) rolls of the dice you have to be careful with. But an unknown patch for a buck, buy it!

You did the right thing buying them. Well worth the gamble. On 20 such deals, if you're right only once, you can come out WAY ahead of the game. It's the $50 (or more) rolls of the dice you have to be careful with. But an unknown patch for a buck, buy it!

true... and good advice. sometimes it's better to lose a few lowly bucks than miss out on something cool/rare/etc that you just don't know about.

with time you will know more and more of what to look for on original items (of all kinds), so the "odds" get much better. ;)

-Brian

Thanks Kurt, thats exactly how I felt. Speaking of this, did you see the other patches I got? One of them is selling on ebay for like $100 if its real, and I can't tell. I am starting a new thread specifically on that later

Thanks Kurt, thats exactly how I felt. Speaking of this, did you see the other patches I got? One of them is selling on ebay for like $100 if its real, and I can't tell. I am starting a new thread specifically on that later

I just commented on your other posting. Totally proves my point!