Special evening and mess dress for Enlisted men (pre and ww2)

Jamecharles

Good day everyone,

did you ever seen a special evening dress for the army enlisted?

i've found one recently, i suppose it should be for aaf or chemical, i'll show you asap, meanwhile if you have any photos , documents or something else please show up !

same question for enlisted men mess dress, a collector show me a complete set for enlisted men of cavalry branch.

check the photo below, i guess they were never officially authorized.

Best regard

Giancarlo

post-770-0-19133200-1413534040.jpg

marlowe white still sells those, and the last time i saw one being worn was by a soldier who received the Medal of Honor. this was several years ago at the vietnam memorial in sacramento, calif.

the mess dress is for cavalry branch, sure and it's dated 1938 to a SERGEANT.

I said i've ALSO an aaf special evening dress (not mess dress)

GS

Please post more photos, those stripes on the sleeve for overseas service are for Vietnam.

Those are not overseas service stripes, they are longevity stripes indicating six years of military service. Jack

i confirm the mess dress is not a post war, as you can see there are no shoulder straps no piping on sleeves no silk on collar.

Anyway, since this mess dress is not mine i'll back to my new entry and I'll show you asap the Special evening dress, but i warn you since now that ranks on shoulders are totally missing... well there is the sign of 2 sergeant ranks pressed on the sleeves but they were removed, i don't know why i only know i'll going crazy in find another pair to complete set.

Giancarlo

I think your uniforms are great! I've never seen the AAC/AAF cordage in real life. I'm guessing they're rare? Anyways, great collecting. I look forward to seeing more of these.