Unknown DI from Amphibian Army EM Ike Jacket---?

militaryoutfitter

militaryoutfitter

Anyone have any idea what this is? The pin on back is made from a filed down early brass ribbon bar setup, nicely made though...I cannot find anything about this. The ike jacket this came from had Amphibian blue patch and seahorse, and on the former unit side had the 34th Division patch, just the one DI was present. I have the owner's name but it has turned up nothing. ??? Thanks in advance for your info!

post-22296-0-28082700-1412883512.jpg

post-22296-0-11734200-1412883552.jpg

militaryoutfitter

Well, I checked that out...good guess, better than what I could do, but that one has a sort of Viking ship heeling to one side, and says 591. The mystery continues...thanks though anyway...!

Get with some gurus on this site. Maybe they can track down his unit history and you could settle this DUI once and for all.

The 34th Division had the 109th Engineer Combat BN. Within it, "We comprised three companies - A, B and C. Each company normally supported one infantry regiment. Company A normally supported the 133rd, Company B the 135th, and Company C the 168th. Our mission was to do what ever was needed, which included building bridges under fire, constructing roads, setting mine fields, clearing enemy mine fields, patrolling, and fighting with small arms."

Just another idea.

Here is the DI for the 109th.

post-122868-0-89027100-1412891536.jpg