A legit FSSF grouping on eBay. WOW!

carbinephalen

carbinephalen

This seller has been selling off of his incredible Canadian WWII uniform collection on eBay as I'm sure many of you have seen.

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/collections-display/canadian-war-room-263497/

(Not supporting WRF here...just showing one incredible US/Canadian collection)

He is also selling one of his FSSF jackets (with provenance)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191365089562?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just couldn't keep this one to myself. Wherever it ends up, they'll have a treasure in their hands!

This veteran was a part of the California National Guard and enlisted in 1940. Was a part of HQ-Det, 2 Regt in the FSSF and served in the 517th PIR as well earning a BSM. Donald D "M other sell"

post-14217-0-19827000-1412815876.jpg

carbinephalen

I was thinking the same thing myself about the patch. If you're a fan of jaw-dropping uniforms, click on the WRF link! :o

carbinephalen

I wish bellasilva. 2 more months to go of beautiful West Texas :dry: Went golfing last weekend, golf ball landed in a cactus patch the size of my yard back home. Haha.

Most of the guys from my flight at basic have graduated tech school already.

Appears to be a nice original uniform.Don is listed in the unit history.

Just curious was he a S/Sgt for the whole war? From Helena to VE Day?

This uniform is typical of early in the Force...Helena days.The uniform was either sent or left at home?.

Seeing the Force patch is on the left sleeve and he had service with the 517th and the Force disbanded in 44 this wouldnt be the uniform he wore home(in my thinking).

Maybe Eric will post his picture from his archives.

Doyler -

Good points - Also, I should think that the presence of the Garrison cap in this grouping would seem to suggest this was a Stateside uniform worn before going overseas?

Still darn nice, wish I had the $$ that this is going to go for to bid on it!

BTW, did anyone catch the 1SSF overseas cap named to a Silver Star winner sell last week? Did anyone here get it? It sold for $400 which I thought was on the lower end for something like that.

Very best,

Bill K.

Doyler -

Good points - Also, I should think that the presence of the Garrison cap in this grouping would seem to suggest this was a Stateside uniform worn before going overseas?

Still darn nice, wish I had the $$ that this is going to go for to bid on it!

BTW, did anyone catch the 1SSF overseas cap named to a Silver Star winner sell last week? Did anyone here get it? It sold for $400 which I thought was on the lower end for something like that.

Very best,

Bill K.

Bill

Didnt see it but I dont look at ebay much these days.

I was thinking the same thing myself about the patch. If you're a fan of jaw-dropping uniforms, click on the WRF link! :o

His German/Helmet room is just as, if not more, amazing.

Yes, I had the liberty of seeing Doug's German collection first hand and it was one of the best SS Helmet collections ever seen. His SS insignia and uniforms wasn't too shabby either. I had no idea that he had a British/Canadian collection. Top notch all the way!!

gunbunnyB/3/75FA

not even gonna bother bidding once. this is just too damn good, im gonna guess this will bring at least 1000 to 1500.

It's a nice tunic. Was sorry to see Doug sell off all (or most) of his Canadian/American militaria.

Here is a photo of Mothersill wearing a similar tunic, ribbons and all.

Interesting holes in the collar on the tunic in the photo. They do not seem to be there on this tunic.

D D Mothersill.jpg

As Ron said, in my experience many of these guys either sent (or left) they Helana tunic at home when they went overseas. Here is the one I have from Jack Furman which is the same. Exactly as he wore in in Helena.

DSC_1058 x.jpg

carbinephalen

Very nice additions to the thread gentleman! He was listed as a T/SGT in the 517th. My guess is it was his pre-deployed uniform as well.

It's a nice tunic. Was sorry to see Doug sell off all (or most) of his Canadian/American militaria.

Here is a photo of Mothersill wearing a similar tunic, ribbons and all.

Interesting holes in the collar on the tunic in the photo. They do not seem to be there on this tunic.

Eric

Thanks for posting the picture.

The uniform he wears is a early one having the grommets for the screw post DIs.

Patchcollector

Cool stuff!Nice jackets!So the "skinny" version of the USA Canada patch was worn before they deployed?Or were they added later?