79th Highlanders Veterans Association

servcon

That membership badge is fantastic! I'd not heard of this organization before. Thank you for posting this information to the forum!

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...
VolunteerArmoury

I just recently added a 79th glengarry badge from the 1870s named to a "Capt. P. M. Grant" of F Company. I used to reenact with a group that portrayed Company A 79th out of East Tennessee in the 90s & early 2000s & it also was in the campaign through my area including my yard hence an interest in it.

post-373-0-11270200-1413425773.jpg

post-373-0-90243100-1413425780.jpg

Nice badge! Yeah, there is a memorial to the 79th in Knoxville. Here are some Sergeant chevrons from the 79th and his GAR badge.

post-153916-0-07677500-1413562074.jpg

post-153916-0-23456100-1413562097.jpg

I checked two different rosters, one a N.Y. State roster and the other from the 1901 Association roster and can find no P. M. Grant. There is a John H. Grant, Company E, and a Charles S. Grant, Company H. Just a heads up!

VolunteerArmoury

I checked two different rosters, one a N.Y. State roster and the other from the 1901 Association roster and can find no P. M. Grant. There is a John H. Grant, Company E, and a Charles S. Grant, Company H. Just a heads up!

I appreciate you looking. You actually saved me what I was meaning to do myself.

• 8 years later...
Alan McIntyre

I'd be very interested where you sourced the Constitution and Roster of the Veterans Association. I have been doing some research on the 79th and have been trying to track down Veterans Association material without much success.