USMC spiked helmet enlisted EGA

stucky151

I think I finally got a solid EGA. Ill post pics and let the experts post their opinion. It looks good to me, but Ive never had a real one in my possession. If its real, I got the deal of the century!

post-52581-0-36589900-1411840777.jpg

I rarely see real ones for sale so price point would be hard, I would imagine somewhere in the realms of $450-$600? Officer ones are easily double that, again if they come to the market. I guess whatever someone is willing to pay to play, and I would have gone MUCH higher!

$400-$600 lately, though a couple years ago they were $600-$1000 and undoubtedly will be again when the market bounces back

• 4 months later...

Case of 'gotta have it now'. One sat (may still be sitting), on Flying Tiger for 1100 for over a year now

Possibly some guys who got burned a couple times on the bad crap, saw the grommet and hit hard. Some of the bigger EGA guys tapped out long before $1200

• 5 months later...

That is indeed a very nice EGA!

Visited a big local gun show this weekend (decent amounts of militaria on the show) and saw several vintage examples, but they were not anywhere near yours in condition.

Be very careful with the gun show examples of these. I very commonly see the fake ones at gun shows. Most have been artificially "aged". Important to know the specific features that authenticate the originals on these.

That is indeed a very nice EGA!

Visited a big local gun show this weekend (decent amounts of militaria on the show) and saw several vintage examples, but they were not anywhere near yours in condition.

Chances are most, if not all, of them were fake. I'd say 95-98% of them on the market are reproduction

I always see them at local shows, and they all have been repops sold as original. Once I got to hold a real one, it is very easy to spot the fakes.