1915 SWORD or SABER - ANYONE KNOW WHAT IT IS?

anton67

Hello,

I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section.

Does anyone know anything about this sword or saber?

I do not know for sure it is a US sword.

I will post better pics tonight

Please help

Thank you in advance

post-63438-0-75200200-1411590607.jpg

May be fake but is made up to look like French piece

I am curious what French example (in all of history) do you recognize in this sword? What about it looks French to you and what elements can you point to in any (military or civilian) French swords? From what I am aware of, aside from an N and an acanthus wreath, anything else (imo) would be an incredible stretch.

i am relatively new to this board but I feel there may be a way to post a guide of basic American military sword models from the 19th and 20th century. I am not necessarily volunteering but a basic flash card deck would probably be useful to novice sword inquiry. Such (certainly) doesn't mean a person would actually start there.

Cheers

GC

I am curious what French example (in all of history) do you recognize in this sword? What about it looks French to you and what elements can you point to in any (military or civilian) French swords? From what I am aware of, aside from an N and an acanthus wreath, anything else (imo) would be an incredible stretch.

I would ask the same question.

It looks more like examples of German Calvary Swords that I have seen in photos but I was told on Warrelics that it is not German.

The sword is dated 1915 which is why I really didnt think it was a Chinese copy.

Not to mention, based on the condition, it is really old.

I realize this does not mean that it is Not a Chinese copy for sure but this was my gut feeling.

Either way, I didnt pay much for it so I dont expect it to be priceless or anything.

I just would like to know what I have here.

Nobody seems to be able to tell me that.

Here are photos of Prussian swords which I believe are similar (shape of handle).

post-63438-0-98390300-1411653462.jpg