34th Infantry Division Lighter

As many of you know, I have an addiction for 34th Infantry Division related items. Just fed that addiction again!

I was able to work out a deal with the seller on eBay for these two pieces. Supposedly it came from a family that had four brothers in the Nisei regiment, but the seller has not provided a name so I cannot corroborate that fact.

The patch is cool, I already have a few, but the real treat is the lighter. The outer shell is made out of bakelite with the guts of the lighter inside. All pieces are present and I could probably get this working again, but I think I will leave it as is.

Originally my 34th ID collection was strictly going to be patches, now I have this and some uniforms....its not a bad addiction I would say.

post-5665-0-79938300-1411435999.jpg

post-5665-0-85077000-1411436007.jpg

post-5665-0-99016000-1411436015.jpg

Thanks for the comments.

Ron, I'll have it with me this weekend if you want to see it in all its glory. I'm thinking a sweetheart piece since it is shaped like a heart, but I could be wrong.

Thanks for the comments.

Ron, I'll have it with me this weekend if you want to see it in all its glory. I'm thinking a sweetheart piece since it is shaped like a heart, but I could be wrong.

Makes sense.

Have seen scarfs,hankies,rings and bracelets made for sweathearts.

• 3 weeks later...

Drew.. you know my thoughts on this stuff: love it!

hey, I think I have the sister to your patch. :)

do you think it's British or German? I have heard people say both.

-Brian

In Keller's book "US Army Shoulder Patches and Related Insignia from WWI to Korea 1st Division to 40th Division" one shown is labeled simply as TM??

I am with Ron, English made. I see more characteristics of manufacture in England then Germany. Plus the light, referred to as coffee, color is a characteristic of English manufacture.

Ron,

Also in Keller's book there is an example of a felt and wool Italian made patch with a hand added green border. Closest I have seen in my fifteen years of collecting, 7 of that fairly serious.