Help I'd a socket bayonet?

Flex

Hey guys I recently just purchased a socket bayonet and I'm hoping y'all can help me is what year it was made/used and perhaps the weapon it was on. The overall length is 19" and the blade is 16". It does not have a lip on the socket end and also does not have a locking ring. Appears to be made out of iron. The blade is flat triangular. I'm guessing it's really old possibly from the revoulitionary war era. Also seems to be a Dutch style contract to. Or perhaps a Brown Bess. Any help is great appreciated! Thanks in advance. So rusty can not see any markings

I have edited your your outside image hosting site, we require you to use the forums system for images.

Flex,

The reason for not permitting outside host sites for pictures is that this forum should be available for research and be a permanent fixture for future study. If you do what I did for years, which is use photobucket as a host site, and then decide to clean out your photos for some reason, then the photos that were posted here will be gone for good. That could wipe out an entire thread simply because someone did not know that the host site cannot delete pictures without deleting them everywhere they were ever posted. Just thought an explanation was in order.

Marv