Aircraft graveyard

usaaf93

Hello

I just wanted to share with you this video I just found on the internet.

It's pretty sad to think they ended up like this. There are some of the most beautiful nose art I have seen.

Have a good day

Julien

There were some examples of people saving the nose art. A bar outside of Seattle had "Alice Blue Gown" in it for a long time, and was seen in an old Stone Temple Pilots video. I think the Confederate/COmmemorative Air Force wing in Arizona has a nice collection of it that was saved.

Not only does the Arizona Wing of the CAF have some, the biggest collection is with the CAF headquarters museum in Midland, Texas. There have been magazine articles over the years that show most of their collection.

I visited the CAF collection and its stunning in every way and strongly advise anyone with a love of this art to make the long trip to see the collection.

Great post .

owen

One of my favorites..........but sad end to these warrior birds.

Yeah, ditto that. I think I've seen this one before so I'll pass on watching it again. Damn that blade the crane drops. Damn it anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Too bad those aircraft aren't just sitting sound today...I might have entered a new realm in my collecting and restoration hobby! Truly, a very sad ending for these beautiful flying machines!

• 2 weeks later...

i believe the dragon and his tail was scrapped there, the last b-24 to be scrapped. they have tons of planes still in the bone yard which you can tour during the week ALOT of B-52 bombers out there but they also have the museum which has alot of different aircraft.