Hospital Corpsman pouches

dustin

The reason for this post was to be an extension of Robinb's pinned post on 14-280 bags and to solidify the information there. If interested in naval medical equipment please see the pinned threads above. In the collecting community there has been a discussion about correct stock numbers for some units and an identity crisis, these listing are a bit of the smoking gun sort of speak.
It's a supply catalog medical department us navy 1940 with supplements to 1942.
Also in the topic is the parachutists kit , listings for the kit unfortunately no listing for individual components
post-56-0-14334500-1411153918.jpg

Now the presentation challenge! whom ever can post the complete large and small corpsman pouches as per stock catalog listing gets a free copy of this complete medical supply catalog and a copy of the 1943-1945 when I find it and I will eventually :)

Now the presentation challenge! whom ever can post the complete large and small corpsman pouches as per stock catalog listing gets a free copy of this complete medical supply catalog and a copy of the 1943-1945 when I find it and I will eventually :)

That would be one hell of a performance ... some items are very very scarce :blink:

I realized that and was presenting the challenge in a light jokingly way, it looks like the small pouch is very doable since it doesn't have the morphine and cocaine. I don't think many really give a hoot anyway being satisfied with the cobbled kits for so long, I'm beginning to think it may be a waste of time posting naval medical information anyway. This topic will die a very quick death. I don't collect this equipment specifically but I do have other interests in naval medical items orientated to my specific interest. In my fact finding missions I often run across documentation so I post things like this to help the collecting community for answers. I find it interesting that no one was asking what do some or all the contents look like?, It's really disappointing actually here we have a significant document because until recently no one knew the real stock numbers for the kits always being referenced as the 14-280 bag which we now know that is incorrect also what are the correct contents. I am confident that this only raises more questions but yet no one has asked anything nor has anyone presented identification references for the items listed. I'm not looking for recognition I was only hoping to spark a collective discussion as a reference thread for an item that has been shrouded in mystery for decades. When a canteen topic shows up its like the Paparazzi with the Kardashian's!

I Should be able to do the small kit and just about all the large kit components but it will take me a while to dig it out. I appreciate all your efforts on finding this information.....

I realized that and was presenting the challenge in a light jokingly way, it looks like the small pouch is very doable since it doesn't have the morphine and cocaine. I don't think many really give a hoot anyway being satisfied with the cobbled kits for so long, I'm beginning to think it may be a waste of time posting naval medical information anyway. This topic will die a very quick death. I don't collect this equipment specifically but I do have other interests in naval medical items orientated to my specific interest. In my fact finding missions I often run across documentation so I post things like this to help the collecting community for answers. I find it interesting that no one was asking what do some or all the contents look like?, It's really disappointing actually here we have a significant document because until recently no one knew the real stock numbers for the kits always being referenced as the 14-280 bag which we now know that is incorrect also what are the correct contents. I am confident that this only raises more questions but yet no one has asked anything nor has anyone presented identification references for the items listed. I'm not looking for recognition I was only hoping to spark a collective discussion as a reference thread for an item that has been shrouded in mystery for decades. When a canteen topic shows up its like the Paparazzi with the Kardashian's!

Hey, no waste of time ... I don't think there's much USN-MD collectors here, but there's some and I'm one of them so thanks again for the listings.

However, I'm trying to complete corpsmen bags and it takes a long long time to find the right USN items, particularly when you're out of the US.

E

Hi Dustin,

I really appreciate your effort in publishing those pictures as well.

Also, agreed with Etienne that it's complicated to gather all the items listed.

Btw, do you think you could repost the Unit-3 content listing since the picture is a bit blurry please ?

Many thanks,

Max

• 1 month later...
  • 8 years later...
usmc grunt
On 9/19/2014 at 11:46 AM, dustin said:

post-56-0-91765700-1411152390.jpg

Does anyone have this contents list in a legible format? While I can read the nomenclature, I cannot read the stock numbers and when I enlarge this list, it is a blur that I cannot read. Your assistance in being able to read these stock numbers is greatly appreciated!