unusual carrying method

roadrunner

Female military personnel always wear their badges different than their male counterparts.Below is A1C Elizabeth Jacobson (KIA), USAF Security Force.

Elizabeth_Jacobson.jpg

Airman Jacobson was raised in California, but lived here in South Florida before joining the Air Force. The Palm Beach Posttells us:

In Iraq, she was a security guard, surveying military perimeters from elevated guard towers. But relatives say the 21-year-old volunteered for a more risky assignment guarding convoys, a job that would ultimately kill her.

On Wednesday she died outside the Iraqi city of Safwan when a bomb exploded near her convoy, making her the ninth Iraq casualty from Palm Beach County or the Treasure Coast. Her death hit hard with relatives, even as they spoke with pride about her decision to leave behind the relative safety of guard towers for perilous duty on the open Iraqi roads.

"She could have stayed there, but she was trained to do convoy duty and asked to do that," said her stepmother, Alison Jacobson. "I think it speaks to her bravery."

Airman First Class Jacobson was the first female Airman killed in the line of duty in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. I didn't know Elizabeth, but I wish that I had. Elizabeth sounds like the kind of person I would have liked to be my friend and I feel the loss of this bright and beautiful young woman who gave her all for her Country, and for my personal freedom.

Her resting place shall be in the Garden of Eden. Therefore, the Master of mercy will care for her under the protection of His wings for all time And bind her soul in the bond of everlasting life. God is her inheritance and she will rest in peace and let us say Amen.

Hello

I remembered the Army regulation how female personnel wearing the ID badges ( I know these badges also as breast insignias )

post-8324-0-42551300-1411302724.jpg

Here is the Navy regulation wearing these badges. ( for me, they don't looks like breast badges, more than clavicle badges ) ;-) :-)

I don't like the way Navy personnel wear these badges.

post-8324-0-97856200-1411302947.jpg