WW1 arm brassard ID help?????

ODA021

post-505-1214383055.jpgpost-505-1214383060.jpg

Hello,

Im posting this here because I dont know what it is. This belonged to an officer who was a surgeon and on the GHQ staff. He has a french medal with the same colors but Im wondering if this wasnt for a parade or some event. Any help would be much appreciated. dave

It was worn by members of the general staff to indicate they were really important and not to delay them or anything. They ame in three colors blue, red and white and red white and blue - to denote staff from various levels corps etc. My brain is not woken but I think the red white blue is from the AEF HQ Staff, but I'll double check. They also had a small clip in the same colors to put on the front of their uniforms when near the front

A very cool item.

I hope no officers see this then, they may want to bring it back to indulge their self importance.LOL. The Officer this belonged to was on the general Staff. I just hadnt seen this armband before. thanks so much for the help. dave

I hope no officers see this then, they may want to bring it back to indulge their self importance.LOL.

First warning. Keep it civil. Don't make me go all mod on you guys.

Chris