Australian Made US Trousers - Reverse Lend Lease?

PhantomGuitar

Hello all,

I dug these trousers out of a big pile of south African Blouses at Conneat this past year.

I was told they were "US Officers Trousers" (Look more like EM to me) as made in Australia. The Australia bit is quite obvious, given they are marked as such.

I've seen British made ETO Jackets, and occasionally Australian made Ike type jackets, but never the trousers.

Fairly good shape, and i'm quite happy with the price that I paid.

Thanks!

IMG_2951_zpsd7ef5569.jpg

IMG_2950_zpsd9f34e2a.jpg

IMG_2949_zps058f369b.jpg

Photobucketed Images are no longer permitted Phantom. So I took the liberty of getting these images of your pants and resizing them so we can see them. While not sure myself, other members might know, but they certainly have the cut of U.S. Army trousers.

post-34986-0-08713100-1410917395.jpgpost-34986-0-66919200-1410917411.jpgpost-34986-0-87447100-1410917431.jpg

Hello,

Neat item! Yes, those are Australian US Army enlisted men's trouser made to the pattern used on the 8-83B specification. All sorts of US uniform components were made in Australia to outfit our troops during the war. Though the fabrics and materials used were different, and the colors a little off, the patterns were usually dead on with these items.

Some of the things I recall seeing, or have in the collection:

EM trousers, same as yours.

EM wool shirt.

EM web belt

Hobnail service shoes.

Under garments.

Officers wool shirt.

EM Melton wool overcoat.

M-1934 blankets.

I'm sure there are others.

CR

norwegian blue

very neat pants indeed!

Also note the cuffs at the bottom of the legs

May I add to Reuscher's list the pre-Ike jacket Battledress style blouse, as worn by Marines and GI's