WWII Wac Grouping/Uniform Question

strawberry 9

I recently picked up a small WAC grouping which included two officer's shirts, a skirt, overcoat liner and some kind of ditty bag. My question is about the skirt. It has the markings of a British made skirt. Everything else though is U.S. made. Would a WAC have worn a British made skirt? Are they drastically different from the U.S. made?

gunbunnyB/3/75FA

i agree, i once met a former wac who had spent most of her wwII service in the UK she had several sets of uniforms made in the UK..

Mystery solved. While putting away the overcoat liner I noticed some paperwork in the pocket. Included is a letter written by Sgt. Florence E. Heney of Rockville Centre, N.Y. and is dated at the top "Midnight, Dec. 1, 1944. France." There is also a Stars and Stripes newspaper clipping that has a photo of her marching in the Armistice Day parade in Rheims, France, 1944. Having the name I looked again at a smudged name written in ink in the skirt which, now that I know her name, can see says Heney. I also have a form letter from Coloney Hobart B. Brown congratulating all auxiliaries on completing the basic course of instruction from the Third Women's Army Auxiliary Corps Training Center. Always check the pockets.