Waves shoes

phil.co1

I looked thru my reference books last night. While similar in shape, the style is different between the WAAC and the WAVE shoes.

Note below that the WAVE shoes state the stitching could have no decorations or perforations. If you look closely at the WAAC shoes, you can see the stitching design around the laces, has perforations. If you look closely at the WAVE shoes, you can see that the WAVE shoes only have stitching, no holes.

Also, the WAVES had black shoes while the WAAC had brown shoes. The Navy nurse corps flight nurses did have brown leather boots but the NNC was a different unit than the WAVES.

This information below is taken from the blitzkrieg website.

The WAAC low oxford-style shoes were made of russet brown leather with 1 1/2-inch heels, rubber lifts and leather soles

The WAAC field service shoes were a 4 1/2-inch laced shoe that were similar in design to the men's Army field shoe. They have 1-inch rubber heels and full rubber soles.

The WAVE shoes authorized as service shoes were black laced (4, 5 or 6 eyelet) oxford shoes. The heels could not be higher than 1-3/8 inches and plain black leather with closed toes and heels was mandated. The stitching had to be black and no decorations or perforations of any kind were allowed.

Here is a picture I found on-line of a WAAC shoe. If you look closely, you can see the design around the laces.

WAAC shoes.jpg

Thanks for details, Where do you measure the height of the heel, is it at the back of the shoe or the inner edge as they taper up to the rear.

• 3 months later...