UNKNOWN BLANKET GREY W/ 2 GREEN STRIPES

BEAST

Here is a blanket that has been in the family at least since the 1960s. I don't know if it is even military as I haven't seen an example of grey with green(?) stripes before. The red and green stripes on the side remind of the markings on the Hudson Bay blanket.

If anyone has even a SWAG, feel free to post it here!

post-203-0-81564800-1410734586.jpeg

post-203-0-05823600-1410734586.jpeg

Thanks folks for your input. Maybe a military school, maybe disaster relief. I have been trying to find photos supporting either theory. What about CCC?

This looks (to my eye anyway!) more in line with the WWI or pre-WWI eras. It is certainly possible, but I think the CCC used standard army blankets procured with CCC funds. I may even have one someplace, they have 'ecw' in the contract information. Please see this post: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/138436-ww2-blankets-with-labels-on-ebayhmmmopinions/?p=1046114

RC

This looks (to my eye anyway!) more in line with the WWI or pre-WWI eras. It is certainly possible, but I think the CCC used standard army blankets procured with CCC funds. I may even have one someplace, they have 'ecw' in the contract information. Please see this post: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/138436-ww2-blankets-with-labels-on-ebayhmmmopinions/?p=1046114

RC

RC, Thanks for that link. I remember reading it when it was first posted and you could see the photos. Your right, the CCC camps did use an Army style blanket.

Maybe I'll just self-identify it as a "rare Civil War blanket, used by the 1st US Sharpshooters as indicated by the green stripes on either end."

In all seriousness, it doesn't strike me as civilian, but used by some sort of institution.