Raleigh show

Elton

I went to Raleigh show on Sat. and had the pleasure of, meeting and talking, with three forum members, Skiph, Thorin6, and Tarbridge, whose comments I read and have gotten a lot of very good information from since I have been a member of the forum.

I did find a knife that I wanted, MSI Mk2, the bad part is that I had to pay a premium price for it, it is very scarce only 5498 were made, so maybe it will be worth it some day. It is a very good addition to my collection.

I walked around and around the show because there were do many knives that I would like to have but had to pick what I wanted most. I enjoy this show more than a regular gun show because of the vintage blades and other vintage military gear.

Waiting for the next one.

Elton

One of these days I am going to learn how to post pics.

Talked to Elton and Skip at the show, both picked up nice knives. My pick-ups have been nil since I found that Western Bowie (posted earlier), but I'll admit that there were more knives and bayonets at this show than I've seen in the past couple of years. Prices seem higher, but most dealers seem willing to negotiate (to a point). Next show is in January. I also went to the Greensboro, NC show last weekend but not much there; the gun shows are going more and more to a mix of modern knives and cheap imports.

So if any one plans on heading to Raleigh next January, I should be there at Dan Lowery's table (the Krag guy), who, by the way, has an 1880 Hunting knife with the iron guard that I'm thinking of picking up from him if I can come up with a trade.