Lets see your WWII C.B.I. Bracelets

rustywings

These next two CBI bracelets are rather large and heavy, but more feminine in design when compared those posted above. I think I would categorize these as CBI-made "sweetheart" bracelets, rather than id bracelets...

IMG_6992.JPG

The reverse is inscribed with only the initials "D.J.S." (You can see the four small ports for the rubies.)

IMG_6999.JPG

• 1 month later...

I have no adequate words for such a consummate display of the artistic capacities of the Indian Silver Craftsmen in the context of the Second World War. I can only comment on the one who put this together.... A True Historian and Esthete of the highest respectability. Your willingness to encourage and edify those coming up behind you, so as to share with you in the rewards of diligence, patience and perseverance. Thank you for helping open the door of study and pursuit of tactile encounter with these tiny monuments to the battles which arose as Righteousness once crushed Evil, as it shall again, and a tyrannical Government of Absolute control was CRUSHED.

The ease with which you share your motivational kindnesses and your natural attributes of didactic communication are well known. Your character is one with which anyone would be touched with the Joy and exciting empathy connecting us with our most formational past, that unique essence which Collecting affords.....these endearing and resilient attributes, Russ, have been used in the lives of those, like myself, whom you have touched with your assistance.

Blessings as Always My Friend and God Speed in Collecting and Teaching .......