Does anyone have any photos of the cut down "drop point" m1905 bayonet?

sheepy

Not sure this is what your looking for. First I believe this was made from unfinished M1 bayonet parts. The re-profiled tip is not exactly a "drop point". It is generally believed that these examples were most likely assembled after WW2 from surplus parts. That being said it is possible that such knives could have found their way to the Korean conflict via a personal purchase route.

post-17422-0-86327200-1410296801.jpg

I'm sure others will drop by with images of other examples.

I am not sure what you mean by "drop point" as none of the 1905 bayonets were officially reshaped to what I understand a drop point to be.

I am not sure what you mean by "drop point" as none of the 1905 bayonets were officially reshaped to what I understand a drop point to be.

GARY! YOU"RE BACK!

Here is what you will typically find on a cut-down 1905 bayonet. They were used in both WWII and Korea.

Marv

post-26996-0-85482100-1410305740.jpg

I didn't know what to describe it as but yes you're all onto it...allow me to clarify, Im looking for photos of them in use during either WWII or Korea.

I didn't know what to describe it as but yes you're all onto it...allow me to clarify, Im looking for photos of them in use during either WWII or Korea.

Please, enlighten us. Why are you looking for these photos?

Im trying to find reference photos to see what units and soldiers received them and how late/early in the wars were the new and old stocks given out

i may be crazy but I've always noticed some of the bayonets in this picture seemed to have a different shape to them.

Greetings Jake,

British WWII Home Guard troops with Ross Rifles/Bayonets. Yes, they possessed armory altered points from the originals too, but these are not cut-down M-1905s pictured.

Regards,

Lance

Greetings Jake,

British WWII Home Guard troops with Ross Rifles/Bayonets. Yes, they possessed armory altered points from the originals too, but these are not cut-down M-1905s pictured.

Regards,

Lance

whoops sorry brought to mind that picture just forgot what the picture actually was haha