Looking to ID some patches I brought home from Iraq/Kuwait

ASMIC2971

I have had these five patches since my deployment in 2011. I recently found them as I was reorganizing and refocusing my collection. Does anyone have any ideas?

I think the upper left may have something to do with Arizona, it reminds me of the AZ National Guard patch

The bottom left one sort of reminds me of the Michigan NG patch

The bottom right looks like it might be a very crude 69th Fires Brigade

That's all I can think of, if they are even US.

Any help will be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance

post-5665-0-06979800-1409623998.jpg

That dancing griffin (and a poorly formed torse) could also be MI NG.

Is this a Rorschach test for us? haha

Michigan National Guard makes more sense.

Yes, please look at the shape and tell me what you see, and about your relationship with your father.

Gil, I think we both are right on the 69th, just wanted to vet it to make sure it wasn't foreign or anything. I also think that the last two are foreign. Although I do recall seeing the top middle one somewhere and IIRC the bird and border were yellow and the background blue.

My relationship with my father is a normal one, I call him Dad and he calls me Son. He understands collecting as he has his own areas of interest and collecting.

Dave, I swear its not one of those tests, but maybe you are onto something. I see a way to supplement your income as a shrink that deals exclusively with patch collectors who have unknown patches. I also tend to think MI NG however there were no other MI NG. Maybe this one was a rough draft for a later attempt? It was the only one I ever found.

Here is a theatre made MI NG I picked up also...the similarities are there, just very, very crude.

Additionally, the top left may have something to do with either the AZ NG or could be related to the video game Halo, apparently there is a multiplayer map or something called Battle Canyon. Looks like a new route to research has opened.

post-5665-0-60790100-1409681639.jpg

Beast,

I saw that also. So far I have dismissed that option for two reasons. First, I saw this patch at shops on at least two bases that I can remember (Camp Virginia - Where I was stationed ad picked this up, and one of the shops at Camp Beuhring) and at both this piece was kept on the walls with the oddball novelty type patches, not under the glass counters where SSI were. Second, I feel if it were connected to the Kansas site, some elements of Kansas or the history of that Battle Canyon would be incorporated into the design somewhere. On one final note, in my little slice of the Army demographics that I see, most soldiers are interested in video games over history, especially history from the 1800s.

Either way, it is more then 99% likely this patch is not related to Arizona that I can see - unless people from an Arizona Unit deployed played that Halo game...