CMB maker marks

Phantomf4

So I have like 4 combat medics badges one being a second award. None are marked, all are pinback, so where any of these maker marked?

• 2 weeks later...

So I have like 4 combat medics badges one being a second award. None are marked, all are pinback, so where any of these maker marked?

You have what are commonly called Non Hallmarked Badges (NHM), something fairly common in the late 40s to say early 60s, seen both with pinbacks and clutch backs, and both U.S. made and Foreign made (with foreign made there can be, or are usually, slight details that tell them apart from U.S. Made). All this pertains to alot of differant badges other than CIBs and CMBs, like DIs, Marksmanship Badges, Parachute Badges etc.

thanks for the reply, If I was making something I'd put my name on it just for warranty purposes. So the CMB wasn't instituted til 1945 so can a combat medic wear both badges?

thanks for the reply, If I was making something I'd put my name on it just for warranty purposes. So the CMB wasn't instituted til 1945 so can a combat medic wear both badges?

Unclear to what you mean, " Wear Both Badges"

• 1 month later...

They would not have had both badges simply because the CMB did not come out until 1945. Some could wear both if they were earned serving in each MOS at one time or another. For example, if someone was infantry for a while, had enough time to earn a CIB then went off to medical training to be re-classified and served up front again to earn a CMB, they could wear both. I have no idea how easy that would have been done in WWII.

I have seen some modern SF guys wearing both badges, but as senior NCO's in SF units, their level of badassery is way above me.

As for a marked CMB, I got this one off ebay not long ago.

Alan

post-2741-0-82670800-1413843633.jpg

post-2741-0-33747900-1413843656.jpg