My pre-WW2 and WW2 USMC dress blue uniforms collection

JB4244

Hello,

I present you my USMC dress blue uniforms collection.

They are all dated from the 1930's, except the uniform with bloody patch which is a war production.

The 8 uniforms are complete with WW2 period stuff, no copy. Only one belt is post-war.

They are all named (Marine detachment, infantry, aviation, Marine raider, ...)

I'm sorry for the messy presentation on the floor, but I lack space ! :wacko:

Some photos aren't very good, the sun light is better ...

Best regards.

post-67345-0-70710700-1409333489.jpg

post-67345-0-77657400-1409334212.jpg

You have a beautiful collection, but I do question your uniform with the full-size Philippine Liberation medal on it. The medal is obviously a much more recent piece as it did not exist during or for decades after the end of World War II. Additionally, I would question the reason that a marine in the 1st Mar Div would have earned one. There were a few marine aviation units that qualified, and a few marines assigned to a ship's marine detachment, but they made up a very small percentage of marines.

Congratulations on the uniforms as a whole, they are spectacular!

Allan

Corpsman_1941

Allan is right about Philippine defense medal... also WWII medal as I know was introduced as full-size medal in 1947 so it was year when Marines changed their Dress blues for 4 pocket blues uniforms, I think it will looks better with ribbons

Thanks for your message.

About medals, I'm guilty :blush: . Ribbons were on the jacket when I bought it. I've put full size medals, in the same place of each ribbon to have an alternative version.

But I can put the ribbons back.

The belt is also post war.

Unfortunately, this jacket is unnamed, so I've no informations about this Marine.

Regards.

Great stuff! I especially like the Naval "Gun Pointer" strikers on the cuffs. Harkens back to when Marines were primarily sea going... neat stuff.... Congrats!

Hi,

Thanks for your messages !

Hessian : Yes, these uniforms are very interested. They are both identified.

Themick : The shoes are USN and dated between 1942 and 1944.

Regards.

Hello JB,

very nice display B)

I'd like to point out that it not that easy to gather such nice uniforms when you are out of the US ...

Friendly yours,

E

That's a fine collection you've got there JB! Marine dress blues from WWII and earlier are getting harder and harder to find. I've only got two sets of enlisted and one set of officer blues in my collection. Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing!